Your New Year does not need to wait until January 1st. Begin today. Staying active is important for both physical and mental well-being. Let us help you stay active and healthy. Your well-being and fitness are a lifelong journey.
Here are a few tips to help you to set health and wellness goals to “jump start” your New Year:
- Keep your fitness goals simple and achievable.
- Break your goals into smaller chunks to stay fit.
- Prioritize your goals so to focus on the most important ones first.
- Set your action plan using a calendar or diary or index cards in a visible place around your home.
- Establish the best time of day for you to move toward your goals. Some people like mornings and others are better later in the day or evening. Integrating your fitness plan into your daily routine will help you succeed.
- Find someone you trust to keep you accountable for your fitness goals.
Staying active can improve your immune system, your heart, and other vital organs.
Just 6 minutes of activity can improve your mood and mental well-being.
Through physical activity and exercise you can improve your flexibility, balance, strength, walking, and reduce risk of injurious falls.
Remember dizziness is not a normal part of life. Neither is pain and stiffness. Both Dizziness and stiffness can be improved through proper guided movements with an expert.
If you need assistance, ask for help from an expert to keep you on track and help you stay accountable for your goals.
Call today for a free Discovery Consultation Visit or set up a Wellness Visit ~ 210-833-8336.
Join our classes weekly: Mondays Balance in Action 1pm; Tuesdays Yoga 5:30 pm; Wednesdays Floor Pilates 1pm.
Ann H. Newstead, PT, DPT, PhD
Exercise Expert in Aging Adults
Clinical Specialist in Geriatrics and Neurological and Vestibular rehabilitation
14418 Old Bandera Rd.
Helotes, TX 78023